This scenery is still work-in-progress, so will likely receive several updates in the days after the initial launch (16th Sept 2023). I'm sharing it already since it's an improvement over the auto-gen despite there being more I plan to add. However if you want to avoid being spammed with frequent updates then please wait until I tick this over to version 1.0 or higher.
Even when complete it will likely use a mix of custom models alongside many Asobo assets to give a decent-but-not-perfect approximation of RAF Mount Pleasant, and a significant improvement over the autogen. I'll strive to make it as good as I can within that scope, but if you've come here looking for a hyper-realistic, detailed, payware-level airfield then this probably isn't for you.
RAF Mount Pleasant (EGYP) is a Royal Air Force station in the south Atlantic. It is home to between 1,000 and 2,000 British military personnel, it remains the newest purpose-built RAF station.
The autogen scenery for this airport was very poor, with wildly inaccurate high-rise buildings and poor apron texture colours, plus a general lack of detail as expected with auto-gen airports. I've made a start on improving it - it's a big site so it'll take a while to get through all this.
- [Mostly done] Replace all apron and taxiway textures, hand-drawn polygons to match satellite imagery materials
- [Mostly done] Replace autogen buildings with more suitable Asobo models OR...
- [Started] Custom models for some buildings, where there is no good matching Asobo model. This includes general hangars and warehouse buildings, hardened air shelters and the hosptial building. Plus a big thanks to Vortex SD for helping out and creating the main hangar model!
- [Started] Add static aircraft (see "Wanted" section below)
- [To do] Improved runway markings, distance remaining signs, arrestor cables etc.
- [Started] Add clutter, vehicles and other airfield equipment
- [Started] Add dirt, tyre marks, etc to improve realism
- [Started] Add more painted lines to taxiways, roads, walkways, aircraft parking ramps
- [To do] Add perimeter fences and walls
- [To do] Smooth out the bumpy runway
The scope of this project has recently grown, meaning we will see most of the major "landmark" buildings gradually added as custom models. The remainder of the scenery is Asobo generic assets with a few bits and pieces from various World and City Updates, plus the following scenery dependencies:
REQUIRED DEPENDENCY: I've used some models from the excellent RAF Lossiemouth scenery by nickb007 - thank you for letting me do this Nick. Note: Please also ensure your community folder contains the "jyai_eurofighter_typhoon_ai_only" folder which is included with the Lossiemouth scenery, in order to get the static Typhoon model. Ensure you get v1.6.0 or later.
OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: We Love VFR region 1, for the radio mast models.
REQUIRED DEPENDENCY: Various Sim, World and City Updates. If in doubt I suggest you install them all, but I've definitely used several buildings from Oceania World Update XIII
More accurate models for:
A static Dash-7 model in British Antarctic Survey livery (quite a niche request I know! 🤣)