Hi everyone, i've been working on my own custom reshade preset for the last couple days now & decided to share it with everyone.
Hoping to tweak it down the line for even better color accuracy as i learn to master the utility a bit better.
If you find something to be looking very off, please let me know in the comments below and i'll try to address it.
What is reshade?
ReShade is a generic post-processing injector for games and video software developed by crosire. Imagine your favorite game with ambient occlusion, real depth of field effects, color correction and more ... ReShade exposes an automated and generic way to access both frame color and depth information and all the tools to make it happen.
Some displays or liveries with green colors in them will have a hue change to a lime tone, it is necessary for the scenery to look good as it does.
What my Reshade preset aims to do:
- Correct the tone of the sim that was red shifted.
- Correct the green scenery and make it look a bit more real compared to the oversaturated mess of vanilla.
- Reduce the white haze over the image, giving the image a more contrasty solid look.
- Make clouds white again
- Change the colors of the atmosphere
What Reshade can't do:
- With reshade you can't selectively choose trees, displays, cockpit, skybox for example.
- It can't fix hardcoded issues of the sim itself in terms of colorgrading.
MS STORE VERSION INSTRUCTIONS (please read it's important!):
1. Download & Extract the folder anywhere.
2. Extract ''ReshadeInjectUWP'' to ''C:\%UserProfile%\'' (you can copy paste this address into any folder it's bar on top and it will open the folder for you)
3. Copy ''FS2020-Reshade-STARTUP.bat'' to your desktop
4. That's it the installation part is done, now all you have to do is run the .bat file from your desktop.
5. When you load the sim you will be greeted with a reshade message on top which means it is working.
press the HOME key to bring up the reshade menu.
6. In case the shaders haven't been activated enable the 4 shaders: ''MinimalColorGrading.fx'' ''PD80_04_Contrast_Brightness_Saturation.fx'' ''qUINT_lightroom.fx'' "PD80_04_Selective_Color_v2.fx" .
7. Go to the settings tab and manually select the shaders(effects) & textures folders again, or else you'll get errors like v_tex etc.
Click the + icon next to the paths and select the folders, after that go to the main window and on the bottom click on RELOAD.
8. Go to the 3D11D tab and make sure both checkboxes on top are selected, you can leave the rest as is.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, if you don't have your depth map enabled the reshade preset will not look as intended
For STEAM users, please download a reshade version with a unlocked depth buffer & copy my shaders & textures folder to your reshade root folder.
And the preset file as well.